CakePHP 3.4.0-RC1 Released
The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 3.4.0-RC1. This is a release candidate for 3.4.0. 3.4.0 provides a number improvements both large and small to CakePHP. It also deprecates several features that will be removed in 4.0.0.
Upgrading to this Version
You can use composer to upgrade to the RC version of CakePHP 3.4.0:
php composer.phar require "cakephp/cakephp:3.4.0-RC1"
What’s new in 3.4.0?
The migration guide has a complete list of what’s new in 3.4.0, and what has been deprecated. We recommend you give that page a read when upgrading.
Bugfixes and Minor Features
This release fixes a few issues identified in the 3.4.0-beta4, as well as the recent bugfixes from master as documented in the 3.3.12 release notes. In addition to those changes 3.4.0-RC1 contains:
- InstanceConfigTrait::config() has been deprecated. Instead you should used setConfig() and getConfig() methods.
- Routes can now use the _host option to restrict which hosts routes will match on.
- Router::parse(), RouteCollection::parse() and Route::parse() have all been deprecated. Instead you should use the parseRequest() method which has access to the entire request allowing more flexible routing to be created.
- Subcommands will inherit their description from the parent shell if they don’t have a description explicitly set.
- HtmlHelper no longer emits <![CDATA blocks by default. If you use an XHTML document type, you may need to enable <![CDATA again using the safe option.
- Collection::every() now returns true for empty collections. This rectifies a mistake made in 3.2.
- TranslateBehavior::translateField() was added.
If there are no major issues reported, we will release 3.4.0 stable next week.
Contributors to 3.4.0-RC1
Thank you to all the contributors that helped make this release happen:
- José Lorenzo Rodríguez
- Mark Scherer
- Mark Story
- Michael Underwood
- Robert Pustułka
As always, a huge thanks to all the community members that helped make this release happen by reporting issues and sending pull requests.
Download a packaged release on github.