CakePHP 3.4.3 Released
The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 3.4.3. This is a maintenance release for the 3.4 branch that fixes several community reported issues.
Bugfixes & New Features
You can expect the following changes in 3.4.3. See the changelog for every commit.
- Query::rowCountAndClose() was added enabling you to get a rowcount and close a statement in a single method. This is intended to be used with delete and update queries.
- ServerRequest now correctly handles $_FILES when the keys are out of order.
- Newlines in the confirm messages created by FormHelper are now preserved.
- The $showHtml argument of dd() is now used.
- CLI commands can now return integers to indicate errors.
- Response::withStringBody() was added making it easier to create responses with simple string bodies.
- The lib-ICU version requirement was removed. It was causing installation issues for many users on windows.
- The elipsis in PaginatorHelper::numbers() always replaces more than one page now. Previously it would sometimes replace only a single page.
- cake routes generate now parses boolean arguments.
- Incorrect attributes in the XML help for CLI commands have been fixed.
- HtmlHelper::meta() now accepts the block option in the custom meta tag array data.
- In a nested transaction when a rollback is followed by a commit, an exception is now raised as the entire transaction must be aborted when save points are not being used. The previous behavior could result in operations following the first rollback to succeed as they ran in a standalone transaction.
- Error handling now always includes the file name and line number.
- Entity::setVirtual() and Entity::setHidden() now merge non-associative array arguments when called multiple times with the merge parameter.
- TranslateBehavior‘s allowEmptyTranslations option no longer creates orphaned records when translated text is empty.
- Text::highlight() now has a limit option.
- TableSchema::removeColumn() was added.
Contributors to 3.4.3
Thank you to all the contributors that helped make this release happen:
- Brady Pacha
- David Yell
- Dmitrii Romanov
- Edgaras Janušauskas
- José Lorenzo Rodríguez
- Koji Tanaka
- Mark Scherer
- Mark Story
- Mathew Foscarini
- Michael Hoffmann
As always, we would like to thank all the contributors that opened issues, created pull requests or updated the documentation.
Download a packaged release on github.