CakePHP 3.4.1 Released
The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 3.4.1. This is a maintenance release for the 3.4 branch that fixes several community reported issues.
Bugfixes & New Features
You can expect the following changes in 3.4.1. See the changelog for every commit.
- CounterCacheBehavior had an ignoreCounterCache option added, allowing you to disable counter updates on save.
- Table::saveOrFail() and Table::deleteOrFail() were added. These methods allow you to perform save/delete operations that raise exceptions on failure instead of returning false.
- Support for PHPUnit 6 was added. Currently only composer based installation of PHPUnit 6 is supported.
- Helper::getView() was added.
- Urlencoded URLs are once again matched correctly.
- InflectedRoute routes using HTTP method conditions work again.
- Association duplicate alias detection is more relaxed and accepts sub-classes.
- Mailer\Email no longer waits until the socket timeout when an SMTP server disconnects early.
- BelongsToMany::foreignKey() no longer incorrectly returns $this when modifying the key.
- Strings that contain only whitespace are now correctly output by debug().
Contributors to 3.4.1
Thank you to all the contributors that helped make this release happen:
- Eric Büttner
- Florian Krämer
- José Lorenzo Rodríguez
- Mark Scherer
- Mark Story
- Michael Hoffmann
- Paolo Cuffiani
- Robert Pustułka
- Walther Lalk
As always, we would like to thank all the contributors that opened issues, created pull requests or updated the documentation.
Download a packaged release on github.