CakePHP 3.4.0-RC4 Released
The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 3.4.0-RC4. This is a release candidate for 3.4.0. 3.4.0 provides a number improvements both large and small to CakePHP. It also deprecates several features that will be removed in 4.0.0.
Upgrading to this version
You can use composer to upgrade to the RC version of CakePHP 3.4.0:
php composer.phar require "cakephp/cakephp:3.4.0-RC4"
What’s new in 3.4.0?
The migration guide has a complete list of what’s new in 3.4.0, and what has been deprecated. We recommend you give that page a read when upgrading.
Bugfixes and Minor Features
This release fixes a few issues identified in the 3.4.0-RC3, as well as the recent bugfixes from master. This release contains the following changes:
- Email::setPriority() was added. This method lets you set the X-Priority header in email messages.
- EntityTrait had the following methods added: getVirtual(), setVirtual(), getHidden(), setHidden(), setAccess(), isAccessible(), isDirty(), setDirty(), setErrors(), setError(), getErrors(), and getError(). These methods provide separate get/set methods for the combined get/set methods on EntityInterface.
- HasMany::link() now uses a single transaction to link all records.
- FormHelper::input() no longer emits the nestedInput option as an attribute.
- Improved API documentation examples.
- ValueBinder::placeholder() now works as documented when anonymous placeholders are used.
- TestCase::assertHtml() now accepts whitespace before a closing tag.
- The translation helper functions e.g. __() now correctly string cast explict null parameters.
- Caching result sets on PHP 7.1.1 works again. There was an incompatibility due to a change in how SplFixedArray was unserialized.
- CakePHP internals no longer use config() where possible.
- Validation::notBlank() now works with float 0.
- Collection::transpose() with different number of columns and rows now works as expected.
- Session destruction now works properly using the cache engine and memcached.
If there are no major issues reported, we will release 3.4.0 in the following week.
Contributors to 3.4.0-RC4
Thank you to all the contributors that helped make this release happen:
- Cory Thompson
- Edgaras Janušauskas
- Florian Krämer
- Gareth Ellis
- Joep Roebroek
- Johan Meiring
- José Lorenzo Rodríguez
- Marc Würth
- Mark Scherer
- Mark Story
- Mathew Foscarini
- Rodrigo moyle
- Ross Chater
- Walther Lalk
As always, a huge thanks to all the community members that helped make this release happen by reporting issues and sending pull requests.
Download a packaged release on github.