CakePHP 3.4.0-RC3 Released
The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 3.4.0-RC3. This is a release candidate for 3.4.0. 3.4.0 provides a number improvements both large and small to CakePHP. It also deprecates several features that will be removed in 4.0.0.
Upgrading to this version
You can use composer to upgrade to the RC version of CakePHP 3.4.0:
php composer.phar require "cakephp/cakephp:3.4.0-RC3"
What’s new in 3.4.0?
The migration guide has a complete list of what’s new in 3.4.0, and what has been deprecated. We recommend you give that page a read when upgrading.
Bugfixes and Minor Features
This release fixes a few issues identified in the 3.4.0-RC2, as well as the recent bugfixes from master. This release contains the following changes:
- Improve return types compatiblity with PHPStorm in doc blocks.
- Routes with _host options now use that option when generating URLs.
- Aura.Intl version was raised to 3.0
- Fix missing uploaded files in Request objects.
- Fix strict errors raised when Cake\Database\Schema\Table is used as a typehint.
- Query::update() raises an error when an invalid parameter is passed.
- Mailers are now reset when sending an email raises an exception.
- Improved error messages when associations are missing primary keys.
- Validator::multipleOptions no longer ignores the caseInsensitive option.
If there are no major issues reported, we will release 3.4.0 stable next week.
Contributors to 3.4.0-RC3
Thank you to all the contributors that helped make this release happen:
- Bernat Arlandis
- Cory Thompson
- Henrik Gemal
- José Lorenzo Rodríguez
- Mark Scherer
- Mark Story
- Ross Chater
As always, a huge thanks to all the community members that helped make this release happen by reporting issues and sending pull requests.
Download a packaged release on github.