The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 3.1.1. This is a maintenance release for the 3.1 branch that fixes bugs and includes small enhancements.
You can expect the following changes in 3.1.1. See the changelog for every commit.
- Query::contain() now correctly overwrites existing containments when $override is true.
- Integration tests no longer swallow database errors stemming from missing tables or other low level issues. Instead these errors are bubbled up making the test failure obvious.
- RequestHandlerComponent no longer overwrites explict viewClass usage.
- Fixed dependencies for database package.
- Email construction with a profile name works as expected now.
- Plural form of ‘virus’ is now ‘viruses’.
- Deprecation warnings related to ViewBuilder have been improved.
- Validation::datetime() now correctly handles 12:xx PM with 12 hour formats.
- JsonView serializes single variables more consistently now. Now if a single view var is set it’s inferred as '_serialize' => ['var'] instead of '_serialize' => 'var'.
- IntegrationTestCase accepts POST bodies that are strings.
- env() has an additional parameter for supplying default values.
- Request::env() has an additional parameter for supplying default values.
- Improved API documentation.
- Console logging now abides the --verbose and --quiet flags.
- Validator::requirePresence() accepts a callable to determine whether or not a field is required.
- Validation::containsNonAlphaNumeric() was added.
- Hash::extract() works with ArrayAccess objects now.
Download a packaged release on github.