The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 3.1.0-RC1. This release is the first release candidate for the 3.1 branch which adds several new features to the 3.x series. We would appreciate any feedback you might have on the new features before their API definitions become stable.
Changes Since 3.1.0-beta
There have been several changes to 3.1 through feedback on the beta releases. The following aspects have changed since the beta releases:
- Controller::getView() has been removed. In its place viewBuilder() has been added. This method and new builder class resolves the issues that were caused by creating view instances eagerly.
- Mailer instances now set their template names based on the action that was invoked.
- View::viewPath() is now View::templatePath().
- Auth.redirect is no longer set to referrer URL when accessing login action. Instead it is only set to a protected URL when trying to access it without authentication, before redirecting to login action.
- Validation::latitude(), and Validation::longitude() were added.
- Validation::ascii(), Validation::utf8(), and Validation::isInteger() were added.
- Cache::add() was ported from 2.x. This method allows you to atomically add data to a cache backend if the key did not already exist.
- Time::listTimezones() now supports options to display timezone abbreviations.
- Hash::get() now supports objects implementing ArrayAccess.
- Hash::sort() supports case-insensitive sorting through a new ignoreCase option.
Unless there are major issues with the 3.1.0-RC release, we will have a stable release packaged in the 2-3 weeks. The 3.1 migration guide has a full list of all the changes in 3.1.0 and is recommended reading for those considering upgrading.
As always, a huge thanks to all the community members that helped make this release happen by reporting issues and sending pull requests.
Download a packaged release on github.