The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 2.8.4. This is a maintenance release for the 2.8 branch that fixes several community reported issues.
You can expect the following changes in 2.8.4. See the changelog for every commit.
- FormHelper::postLink() now correctly generates SecurityComponent field hashes when used within another form. (@MarkusBauer)
- Validation::phone() now accepts ‘N11’ exchanges for North American phone numbers. (@markstory)
- The Equifax Secure Certificate Authority root certificate was re-added. This fixes several issues with the certificate bundle update in 2.8.3. (@markstory)
- BlowfishPasswordHasher now generates a random salt when comparing to a hashed password of ‘’. This prevents incorrect password matching on empty values. (@markstory)
- FixtureTask honours the --records and --schema options when creating a fixture in a non-interactive fashion. (@markstory)
- Several missing European locales were added (@bancer)
- HTTP Range header parsing is more resilient (@markstory)
- A regression introduced in 2.8.0 in FormHelper when handling the deprecated action option has been fixed. (@markstory)
- Improved API docs (@jrbasso, @ravage84)
- Added example configuration for using letsencrypt with CakePHP. (@ravage84)
- You can now set the Response class used in ControllerTestCase (@felixmaier1989)
As always, a huge thanks to all the community members that helped make this release happen by reporting issues and sending pull requests.
Download a packaged release on github.