The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 2.9.3. This is a maintenance release for the 2.9 branch that fixes several community reported issues.
You can expect the following changes in 2.9.3. See the changelog for every commit.
- The constructor of AclNode now lets you pass in an alias when instances are created via ClassRegistry::init().
- A regression introduced in 2.9.1 where bootstrap files would not be correctly processed preventing bake from creating new applications.
- PagesController no longer allows .. in paths allowing other view templates to be loaded potentially causing application errors.
The 2.9.3 introduces a few new features:
- Shell commands now accept the --webroot CLI parameters allowing you to customize the path to your application’s webroot directory if necessary.
- Cache::engine() was backported from 3.x
- DboSource now supports hook methods for customizing how the method cache works.
Contributors to 2.9.3
Thank you to all the contributors that helped make this release happen:
- Marc Würth
- Mark Sch
- Mark Story
- Mischa ter Smitten
- Val Bancer
As always, we would like to thank all the contributors that opened issues, created pull requests or updated the documentation.
Download a packaged release on github.