The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 3.3.4. This is a maintenance release for the 3.3 branch that fixes several community reported issues.
You can expect the following changes in 3.3.4. See the changelog for every commit.
- __xn, __dx and __dxn support variadic arguments now.
- An incompatibility in Response::body(callable) & PSR7 stack was fixed.
- Improved API docs resolving warnings in PHPStorm and other IDEs
- Checkbox inputs now support the escape option.
- Translations that result in ‘’ no longer throws an exception.
- EventManager::__debugInfo() is more accurate.
- Fix notMatching() without query builder callback triggering an error.
- Clean primary entity after Model.afterSaveCommit is triggered. Previously primary entity was being cleaned too early and callbacks for Model.afterSaveCommit were useless if one wanted to acccess original state.
- The ErrorHandlerMiddleware now logs errors as ErrorHandler would.
- Requests with an invalid HTTP protocol version no longer fatally error. Instead they return a 400 HTTP status code.
- Redirect Routes now work as expected for applications in subdirectories using the PSR7 HTTP stack.
- DispatchFilters now receive events when exceptions are rendered again.
- Session regeration now works as expected with the database adapter, and PHP7+
- Very large decimal values can now be used in database operations withouth losing precision now.
- RouteBuilder::nameExists() was added. This method allows you to check the existence of named routes.
- Collection:cartesianProduct() was added.
- View::element() now supports plugin = false as an option to disable automatic plugin element rendering.
- imageSize, imageHeight and imageWidth methods were added to Validation. These methods let you validate uploaded image file sizes without requiring additional extensions.
- Improved API docs.
Contributors to 3.3.4
Thank you to all the contributors that helped make this release happen:
- Alexandros Solanos
- Bryan Crowe
- Cees-Jan Kiewiet
- David Yell
- Florian Krämer
- Jad Bitar
- Jose Diaz-Gonzalez
- José Lorenzo Rodríguez
- Mark Story
- Mirko Pagliai
- Pedro Tanaka
- Thinking Media
As always, we would like to thank all the contributors that opened issues, opened pull requests or updated the documentation. We’d also like to welcome thinkingmedia to the CakePHP core team.
Download a packaged release on github.