The CakePHP core team is proud to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 2.6.4 and 3.0.2. Both releases are bug fix releases for their respective branches.
A short list of the changes you can expect in 2.6.4 is:
- When json_encode() fails in JsonView an exception is raised.
- PaginatorHelper will not emit notice errors when generating links for models that were not paginated.
- Memcache cache engine can now connect to domains starting with ‘u’. Previously, these values were treated as unix sockets.
- The regression around vendor paths introduced in 2.6.3 has been fixed.
- HttpSocket can now connect to HTTPS sites via a HTTP Proxy.
- Sessions are renewed even when the session id is ‘0’.
- Hash::maxDimensions() now works with arrays of 1 or 0 dimensions.
- Inflector now correctly inflects ‘sieves’.
- DboSource::__destruct() now correctly rolls back any open transactions. This restores behavior that was unintentionally removed in an earlier 2.x release.
- CakeRequest::header() now correctly reads headers with a value of ‘’ and ‘0’.
- ControllerTestCase now works better with actions that use CakeResponse::file(). Previously warnings were emitted about ob_end_clean() failing.
- API documentation improvements.
A short list of the changes you can expect in 3.0.2 is:
- SessionHelper is deprecated. You should use the FlashHelper, or $this->request->session() instead.
- Saving BelongsToMany associations that contain a mixture of new and existing records has been improved.
- Validation::notEmpty() has been renamed to Validation::notBlank(). Validation::notEmpty() is now deprecated.
- Validation::userDefined() is now deprecated, you can set callables directly in the Validator objects instead.
- SQLite schema reflection now works with older versions of SQLite. Foreign key update/delete clauses will not be reflected with older versions of SQLite.
- Hash::get() no longer raises an exception on a path of '' or null.
- Fatal errors when saving belongsToMany relationships that were not marshaled into entities have been fixed.
- Collection now implements __debugInfo().
- Magic finder methods now correctly alias fields in the where clause.
- Cascading deletes now prioritize associations with cascading callbacks, and then apply to associations without callbacks.
- Shells dispatched with dispatchShell() no longer output the welcome message.
- MySQL driver now uses SET NAMES to fix encoding errors in some installations.
- IntegrationTestCase now recursively merges request data into the stubbed request.
- Responses in IntegrationTestCase now allow better content-type assertions.
- 0000-00-00 is now converted into null by the database type system. This prevents issues in how PHP’s DateTime handles year 0.
- FormHelper fields that use integers as their name no longer trigger black hole errors.
CakeFest 2015 Tickets
There is still time to get your tickets for CakeFest 2015 if you haven’t already. May 28th and CakePHP’s 10th anniversary are quickly approaching.
I’d like to thank the people who have contributed to these releases. Your issues, documentation edits, and patches/pull requests are a big part of what keeps CakePHP alive and ticking. Download a packaged release on github.