The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 3.0.5. This is a maintenance release for the 3.0 branch.
You can expect the following changes in 3.0.5. See the changelog for every commit.
- Filesystem libraries are now available as a standalone package through composer.
- QueryLogger correctly interpolates parameters when there are more than 10 placeholders.
- Datetime inputs correctly render seconds picker elements. Previously they did not include 00.
- Marshalling belongsToMany _joinData was improved. The marshaller now correctly handles a mix of new and existing entities.
- InstanceConfigTrait deletes nested data correctly now.
- SQLite fixtures now generate primary key columns correctly in all situations.
- Property caching in Entities was made less aggressive. The mutator caches are now completely invalided when any property is changed.
- Association conditions are no longer used when marshalling existing belongsToMany records.
- i18n shell creates separate po file entries for messages with differing contexts.
- The @ syntax for file uploads in HttpClient was deprecated. Instead you should use resource handles. The @ syntax is unsafe with user supplied data and will be removed in a future version of CakePHP.
- Blob fields in SQLServer are now hexdecoded before being converted into resource handles.
- FormHelper will not default datetime pickers to ‘now’ unless the input also has the default => true option supplied. This was done to make it easier to work with nullable datetime fields.
- QueryExpressions containing subqueries now correctly wrapped in parenthesis.
As part of the 3.0 patch releases we are experimenting with implementing smaller net new features. We want try delivering new features incrementally. In 3.0.5 the following new features were added.
- Validator::addNested() and Validator::addNestedMany() were added. These methods allow you to create validators for nested array properties.
- Collection::unwrap() was added.
- Folder::copy() now supports a non-recursive mode.
- Collection::zip() and Collection::zipWith() were added.
- The __debugInfo() method was implemented in Form and Validator objects. This improves DebugKit and debug() output.
CakeFest 2015 Tickets
CakeFest 2015 is happening in 11 days in NYC. If you haven’t already purchased your tickets, there is still time.
As always, a huge thanks to all the community members that helped make this release happen by reporting issues and sending pull requests.
Download a packaged release on github.