The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 3.0.8. This is a maintenance release for the 3.0 branch.
You can expect the following changes in 3.0.8. See the changelog for every commit.
- EntityTrait::toArray() now handles mixed arrays better. Previously if the first element was an entity, it assumed that all elements were entities.
- Pagination now preserves query string arguments with 0 as their value.
- Validation::multiple() now correctly handles ‘0’.
- Previously it was impossible to use dot notation on two different calls to matching/contain when part of the string was shared (for example Articles.SpecialTags.Tags and Articles.SpecialTags.Authors).
- TableRegistry::get() now correctly merges pre-configured options.
- Table names in UPDATE queries are correctly quoted now.
- Fixtures now correctly reflect composite primary keys when generated.
- Both  and '' are now treated the same when saving belongsToMany associations. This fixes silent failures when ‘’ was used.
- Numeric fields are cast to their string values when creating form security tokens. This resolves issues where integer values would cause validation failures.
- CsrfComponent now correctly sets the cookie expiry date.
- The list of available shell commands is now correct if there is an app Shell with the same name as a core one.
- Multicheckboxes generated with complex input types are now checked/disabled correctly.
- When updating belongsToMany links, association conditions are used. This fixes issues with polymorphic joint tables.
- Pagination with SQLServer 2008 now works better.
- AuthComponent no longer causes infinite redirects when an ajax request fails and / requires authentication. This was a regression in 3.0.7.
As part of the 3.0 patch releases we are experimenting with implementing smaller net new features. We want try delivering new features incrementally. In 3.0.8 the following new features were added:
- The fallback domain for translations can be disabled with I18n::useFallback(false).
- PaginatorComponents’ sortWhitelist option now allows false to disable sorting entirely.
- Components now have a response property set during initialization.
- cake i18n extract now generates missing directories.
As always, a huge thanks to all the community members that helped make this release happen by reporting issues and sending pull requests.
Download a packaged release on github.