CakePHP 2.4.10 and 2.5.1 released
The CakePHP core team is proud to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 2.4.10 and 2.5.1. 2.4.10 is the final bugfix release for the 2.4 release series. Going forward, 2.4 will only receive security releases. 2.5.1 is a bugfix release for the 2.5 release branch. A short list of the changes you can expect in 2.4.10 is:
- Controller::referer() behaves correctly when local URLs are generated.
- TextHelper::tail() was restored.
- FormHelper security tokens only use the path and query parts of a URL to generate hashes. This fixes problems when absolute URL's were used to create forms.
- Missing component error pages have correct paths now.
- Compatibility with PHP5.6 was improved. 2.5.1 contains the following changes:
- Loading data from models and their associations with multiple datasources works properly now. This fixes a regression added in 2.5.0-beta.
- FormHelper::postLink() had a backwards incompatible signature change in 2.5.0-dev. This method is now backwards compatible.
- CakeEmail now uses the correct mimetype for emails that contain text & html but no attachments. Previously,
multipart/mixedwas used which caused some clients to incorrectly handle email messages.
- The test harness will now locate PHPUnit installed through composer.
If you haven't already purchased your ticket for CakeFest 2014 the conference schedule has recently been announced and this year is shaping up to be another fantastic installment in the CakeFest tradition.
You can view the full 2.4.10 changelog and 2.5.1 changelog on cakephp.org. I'd like to thank the people who have contributed to this release. Your bug tickets, documentation edits, and patches/pull requests are a big part of what keeps CakePHP alive and ticking.
You can download packaged releases on github