CakePHP 2.4.0-RC2 released
The CakePHP core team is happy to announce the immediate availability of the second release candidate for 2.4.0.
A short list of changes you can expect in 2.4.0-RC2 are:
- Config data between Email and Transport classes now merges correctly.
- CakeTime::timeAgoInWords() uses fuzzy terms when time is below thresholds.
- Confirm values are now correctly encoded. This was a regression introduced in 2.4.0-RC1.
- DbAcl uses INNER joins instead of LEFT joins to help increase performance.
- CakeEmail::template() can now disable rendering the layout as documented.
- Formatting number in european locales now works correctly.
- Translation strings were updated to exclude non-translable content.
- RedirectRoute now persists parameters using the same methods as normal routes.
- Components with settings are now mocked better.
A huge thanks to all involved in terms of both contributions through commits, tickets, documentation edits, and those whom have otherwise contributed to the framework. Without you there would be no CakePHP. Download a packaged release .