Release: CakePHP 1.2.5

by markstory
The CakePHP development team is happy to announce CakePHP 1.2.5[1]. 1.2.5 is a bug fix release of the latest stable branch. Check the changelog[2] for all the changes.

CakePHP 1.2.5 Includes almost 40 commits and more than 20 fixes. Furthermore, due to popular demand CakePHP 1.2.5 is compatible with PHP 5.3 and includes fixes to suppress the deprecation messages. See the changelog[2] for a complete list of changes and bugs fixed.

The 1.3 branch has seen continued progress and there will be another development release sometime soon. If you would like to contribute to the development of 1.3 and hasten its arrival, there is a more detailed summary of things to do[3]

And as always, thank you for helping us make a great framework.

[1]http://cakeforge.org/frs/?group_id=23&release_id=449
[2]http://code.cakephp.org/wiki/changelog/1_2_x_x
[3]http://code.cakephp.org/wiki/RFCs/1-3-todo-list

More on News

Tags

Comments

• allsports posted on 10/19/09 12:59:05 PM
    ok im a new very new , but just to get the cakePHP download I keep getting sent in circles, HELP
  • ilongley posted on 09/30/09 11:29:10 AM
    Even after updating my environment path I too still get version 1.2.4.824 in the console window.

Any ideas?
  • dirn posted on 09/30/09 10:06:20 AM
    I downloaded the gzip version of 1.2.5 from CakeForge this morning. It is full of the ._ files of which OSX is so fond. (I then downloaded the zip version and it's fine.)

Also, cake/config/config.php has the version set to 1.2.4.8284, so the default page says "Release Notes for CakePHP 1.2.4.8284." This was in the zip version.
  • ADmad posted on 09/25/09 05:33:14 PM
    You need to register and add a public key to your account. Check the wiki pages.
    • seanl posted on 11/18/09 08:17:38 AM
      Ian please can you tell me where I need to add a public key, there are fields for msn etc but none for the key, it is the signature field perhaps?
  • ilongley posted on 09/24/09 06:16:28 AM
    I am unable to checkout 1.2.5 using git as I keep getting permission denied (public key) errors.

I use SVN for source control so I'm not familiar with Git. Can anybody help me out a bit with this please?
  • harake posted on 09/18/09 04:11:11 AM
    in fact I can not see tickets of id > 6540 (2 months ago)
    and I can not add new tickets If I am logged in.

I tried to create a new account but it is the same problem
    • michaelc posted on 09/18/09 04:17:09 PM
      in fact I can not see tickets of id > 6540 (2 months ago)
      and I can not add new tickets If I am logged in.

I tried to create a new account but it is the same problem
  • pwachira posted on 09/16/09 12:24:09 AM
    if you are still getting cake1.2.4 version in console, you probably need to modify your environment variable paths to point to the 1.2.5 version of cake - just as you did to get console ability for 1.2.4.
    For windows vista, this is under Control Panel\System and Maintenance\System. click on change settings>advanced>environment variables>System varaibles>Path>Edit.
    Modify path to YourRoot\NameOfYourCake1.2.5Folder\Cake\Console\
  • euromark posted on 09/13/09 08:33:33 PM
    i just updated from 1.2.4 to 1.2.5
    but now, the warnings are surpressed (in debug > 0) - how can they be enabled again?
    thx
  • tribui posted on 09/11/09 08:48:34 PM
    Thanks for the latest release but is this going to be in Source Control somewhere so we all can check it out(update)?

Is there a switch to a new revision control system?

Thanks,

tribui
    • josediazgonzalez posted on 09/12/09 11:17:02 PM

Is there a switch to a new revision control system?

Thanks,

tribui
      You can check the source at http://code.cakephp.org/ . Source Control is done using GIT with tags attached to specific commits. 1.2.5 happens to be a tag that references a particular commit.
  • bendo01 posted on 09/11/09 02:24:42 PM
    thank you cakephp developers, as my thesis using cakephp, the new version were released, i do not know in another country , but here in in indonesia, cakephp slowly but surely gain popularity ... i still a newbie in cakephp :D , keep up the good work cakephp developer team, i hope you guys make conference here in indonesia :D
    • narko posted on 09/30/09 03:21:19 PM
      I love it cakephp ...
      but in my office wear them on CodeIgniter,
      I had to use CodeIgniter too .. :(

Indonesia cakephp community is dead,
      I hope cakephp Indonesia community to comes back...
      • labanux posted on 02/11/10 05:38:23 AM
        I love it cakephp ...
        but in my office wear them on CodeIgniter,
        I had to use CodeIgniter too .. :(

Indonesia cakephp community is dead,
        I hope cakephp Indonesia community to comes back...

It isn't really dead I think.. Maybe just because many of them (or us) never post anything to the mailing list.. :P
  • Zyphers posted on 09/10/09 12:38:11 AM
    My server is PHP 5.3 so this version help me a lot! And like Rich Milns said I was confused about version in console too but it doesn't matter since it's just a number.

Anyway thanks a lot :)
  • Darren posted on 09/09/09 06:42:36 AM
    Thanks for the update, this is great news for all of us Snow Leopard upgraders.
  • atomicguava posted on 09/09/09 02:53:33 AM
    Firstly, thanks for the 5.3 support - that's a massive help :)

Just a minor thing - when I do 'cake bake' to access the console it's still reporting 1.2.4?
    • georgeharito posted on 09/09/09 03:49:58 AM
      Firstly, thanks for the 5.3 support - that's a massive help :)

Yes I am getting the same thing. In /cake/config/config.php, $config['Cake.version'] is still set to 1.2.4.8284.

Also I noticed that all the $ macros in each script for things like version number of the PHP file, last modified, etc are all blank.

Something must've happened with the git merge or something?

I notified the @cakephp twitter account but no reply as of yet.