CakePHP 2.0.6 released
This will hopefully be the last 2.0 release, the CakePHP will focus on getting 2.1 done and all bugfixes and security patches will go into this branch.
The CakePHP core team is proud to announce the immediate availability of CakePHP 2.0.6 . This will hopefully be the last minor version released for the 2.0 branch if no important changes are needed to be done before we get version 2.1 stable. After this one all bugfixes and security patches will be done in the 2.1 branch, which is 100% compatible with this one.
In total, there were over 90 commits and 45 issues have been resolved since 2.0.5. A complete list of the changes can be viewed on the changelogs page , but a quick summary of changes that made it into 2.0.6:
- Updating minimum PHP version requirement to 5.2.8 due to PHP bugs #44251 and #45748
- Model does not call calculate() and expression() method on the datasource if it does not implements it.
- SqlServer views can be mapped with models as you can do with normal tables.
- Fixed issue where session would always be regenerated regardeless of configs set.
- Not requiring a database connection for Models having $useTable = false when combined with the FormHelper
- Not throwing errors when instantiating model classes with no constructor using the ClassRegistry
- Fixing memory leaks in some Database drivers
- TextHelper::excerpt() now works as documented.
- Defaulting back to using PHP_SELF to get current url, this solves several issues in shared hosts
We are almost done with the 2.1 release and you can expect a stable release within a couple of weeks. 2.1 will be fully backwards compatible with 2.0, and add a number of useful features. For a list of what is complete, and what is planned for 2.1, see the roadmap  and the in-progress 2.1 migration guide 
Thanks once again to the excellent CakePHP community, for all of the outstanding work. Without your contributions and love there would be no CakePHP.
- Download 2.0.6  View the changelog